Committed to collaboration, respect, understanding.
Our Diversity Statement
Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. The term "diversity" encompasses differences of culture, background and experience among individuals and groups. Such differences include, but are not limited to, differences of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, and abilities, as well as political and religious affiliation and socioeconomic status. The College of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Georgia embraces a commitment to diversity by modeling for the state and nation, a community of individuals and programs which seek to reduce prejudice, disparities, and discrimination and build a supportive environment for all.
- Providing academic and cultural support for all faculty, staff and students
- Promoting positive awareness throughout the college for the value of diversity in our academic community
- Increase everyone’s awareness of how the ethnic, cultural, and other forms of diversity impact society
We stand firmly behind our culture of diversity. Through a process of surveys, focus groups, and meetings, we've developed the Diversity Plan. This plan contains five themes from which we act:
- Recruit and Retain Diverse Students
- Infuse Diversity and Inclusion into the Curriculum and Academic Activities
- Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff
- Enhance Community and Educational Outreach
- Increase Visibility and Communication of Inclusion