This award goes to an individual who has graduated from the college within the last 10 years and who actively promotes the beliefs and values of Family and Consumer Sciences.
Eliza Paris Harrison
- Eliza moved to New York City to begin her career in financial services at UBS Securities, LLC, after receiving her BSFCS in 2014. She worked in Institutional Equity Sales, successfully managing the relationships of many of the firm’s most important clients.
- Passionate about giving back to her community, Eliza extended herself beyond her everyday job description at UBS. She was the head of the UBS internship program for college students and was always sure to keep her FACS family aware of the opportunities available for students.
- In March of 2018, Eliza was diagnosed with stage IV appendix cancer. Despite this devastating news, she did not allow her diagnosis to stop her passions. She contributed to any and every UBS philanthropic and volunteer opportunity. Between chemo treatments, she organized the largest food drive in her company’s history and volunteered with UBS Community Corps to help revitalize a community park in Harlem and clean and organize inner city schools.
- She became an advocate for the immuno-compromised amid the pandemic. She appeared on CNN and NBC’s Today Show and in People Magazine telling her inspiring story which brought strength to so many.
- In the last few weeks of her life, Eliza displayed incredible strength and grace to walk down the aisle and marry the love of her life, Greg Harrison.
- After a courageous 3 1/2 year fight, Eliza passed away June 14, 2021.