We prepare you for a career in health care, education, industry, or government. Our expertise ranges from public education and outreach to molecular pathways. We offer a variety of research opportunities encompassing community, clinical and basic sciences.
Double Dawgs Programs
- Our undergraduate students have a unique and valuable opportunity to earn both the Bachelor's and Master's degrees in five years or less with this dual-degree Double Dawgs program.
- Our graduate program is ranked in the top 25 programs in the nation. We attract a high caliber of students from a variety of backgrounds into our graduate programs, which include both master's and doctoral degrees.
Why choose FDN?
Conduct undergraduate research or work toward your advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.). Hone your skills in one or more of our research specialties so you can enhance your application to grad school or advance to the next stage of your career.
Practicum opportunities in outreach, culinary science and nutrition, or dietetics look great on your resume and set you apart from other students. Graduate students enjoy special programs, such as Sports Nutrition, Gerontology, or Global Health.
By studying this integrative discipline, Nutritional Sciences students fulfill pre-med requirements while learning how diet influences human physiology and disease. Students build a solid foundation for careers in medicine or a related health science.
The dietetics major is a nationally accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics. We have one of the highest placement rates in the nation for acceptance to post-graduate supervised practice programs, which are essential in order to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Learn from our Extension Specialists who are nutrition and food safety experts. Our specialists train agents and educators to help Georgians make nutritious food choices and keep food safe based on the latest research.
International study gives you a competitive edge for future employment and elevates your experience at UGA. We offer unique trips to locations, such as Ghana or Italy, where you can travel and earn course credit at the same time.
- UGA to honor Flatt with President’s Medal 11 hours ago
- Tips on eating healthier during a pandemic one week ago
- Analyzing the link between alcohol and sleep one month ago
- Diabetes Life Lines Newsletter, Vol. 34, No. 3, Fall/Winter 2020 one month ago
- FACS granted AAFCS accreditation through 2030 2 months ago
Read all about recent awards, pubs, grants, personnel changes, and media appearances in Kudos Corner.