These instructions are for applying to the MS Thesis program. Please be sure you are following the instructions for the appropriate program, as all application processes are not the same.
Is our M.S. Thesis program right for you? Check out our admission requirements here.
For full consideration for funding, the deadline is December 10 for the following Fall Admission.
Domestic Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester - July 1
- Spring Semester - October 15.
- Summer Semester - April 1
International Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester – April 15
- Spring Semester – October 15
- Summer Semester – February 15
MS Thesis Application Steps
*Two separate applications are required for concideration
1. Apply to Graduate School
Complete these materials for the UGA Graduate School:
- Application to UGA Graduate School (complete this online).
- Application fee payable to the Graduate School: $75 for domestic and $100 for international students.
- Two copies of official transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained (OR you can upload an unofficial copy of your transcripts and we will contact you later if we need your official transcripts - see the graduate school website for more information about unofficial transcripts).
- Official GRE scores.
- Official TOEFL scores (international students only).
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online. After you submit your online application online and pay the application fee, the graduate school will email your recommenders to instruct them on how to submit their letters online. You should let your recommenders know that they will be receiving this email. Letters or recommendation should discuss about your suitability for graduate school and a career in nutritional sciences.
- When requested on the various forms and testing services, note that our major is "Nutritional Sciences" and our Degree Objective/Major Code is "347" for masters. The ETS School Code is "5813".
2. Apply to Department of Nutritional Sciences
In addition to the Graduate School application, you must submit an application specifically to the Departmenent and attach the following documents:
- Statement of Purpose (Describe objective in graduate work and career goals)