Is our Ph.D. program right for you? Check out our requirements for admission.
For full consideration for funding, the deadline is December 10 for the following Fall Admission.
Domestic Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester - July 1
- Spring Semester - October 15.
- Summer Semester - April 1
International Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester – April 15
- Spring Semester – October 15
- Summer Semester – February 15
PhD Application Steps
*Two separate applications are required for concideration
1. Apply to Graduate School
Provide these materials to the UGA Graduate School:
- Online application to UGA Graduate School.
- Application fee payable to the Graduate School: $75 for domestic and $100 for international students.
- Two copies of official transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained (OR you can upload an unofficial copy of your transcripts and we will contact you later if we need your official transcripts - see the graduate school website for more information about unofficial transcripts).
- Official GRE scores.
- Official TOEFL scores (international students).
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online. After you submit your application online and pay the application fee, the graduate school will send an email instructing your recommenders on how to submit these letters. You should let your recommenders know that they will be receiving this email. They should write about your potential for graduate studies and a career in nutritional sciences.
When requested on forms or by testing services, our major is "Nutritional Sciences" and our Degree Objective/Major Code is "347B" for doctorate. The ETS School Code is "5813".
2. Apply to Department of Nutritional Sciences
Complete NUTR application and attach the following documents:
- Statement of Purpose (Describe objective in graduate work and career goals)