Alumni Office, Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
Local business owner credits a FACS class with igniting his passion for tax planning
MS - Financial Planning 2016, BSFCS - Consumer Economics 2016
- Current occupation/Location
Founder & Financial Planner at Fully Financial in Athens
- What has been your proudest accomplishment since graduating?
Opening my own financial planning firm! I took the jump on May 1, 2023 to open my own fee-only financial planning firm in Athens, GA. Becoming a business owner is one of the best decisions I ever made.
- What was your favorite class in FACS?
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance class (FHCE 4235S) was my favorite class. We got real experience preparing tax returns for community members. That class ignited my passion for tax planning.
- Did you have a favorite – or most memorable – faculty member?
There are so many great faculty members to choose from. Lance Palmer, John Grable, Andy Carswell, and Swarn Chatterjee are a few of my favorites.
- How do you think FACS prepared you for your career success?
My degree is highly relevant to my career as a financial planner. I learned so much in my classes that I still use in practice every day. I also met so many wonderful people during my time as a FACS student and as an alumni. FACS will always hold a special place in my heart!
- What inspires or motivates you?
I am motivated by helping others achieve their goals! Every day I get to talk to people about their dreams and how to make them a reality. That is a great feeling that drives me every day.
- What advice would you give a current FACS student looking to pursue a career in your field?
Go to conferences! I got my start by networking at various financial planning conferences. They are a great way to network and expand your knowledge.