Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
Brumbach motivated by opportunity to impact lives through financial planning
St. Simons Island
- Vice President, Student Financial Planning Association
- Presidential Award of Excellence Recipient
- ASPIRE Clinic Financial Service Provider
- UGA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Team Manager
- Volunteer Committee Chair, Financial Literacy on The Lawn
- FACS Student Ambassador
- FinServ Foundation
- AFCPE Knowledge Bowl Captain
- Volunteer, Wheels of Hope Athens
- Club Ultimate Frisbee
- Why I chose my major
I chose financial planning because it merges my enthusiasm for helping individuals lead meaningful lives with my passion for financial knowledge. Being able to make a lasting and continuous impact on families’ financial lives excites me, and I believe a lot of people can benefit from the work of a financial planner. I’m also dedicated to the idea of affordable, accessible financial planning services, and the program has helped me discover and act upon that goal through the VITA and ASPIRE programs.
- What I like most about FACS
FACS has the advantages of a small, intimate community while also boasting incredible opportunities for experiential learning, study abroad, and career preparedness. I feel like the entire FACS community is invested in my success, and they show that through tireless work and support to get students prepared for a career in their chosen field.
- Post-graduation plans
After graduation, I plan on returning to UGA to pursue my M.S. in Financial Planning on the Behavioral Financial Planning track. Once I finish that, I’ll start my career while studying for my Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) exam.