Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
Development coordinator credits FACS for helping her think creatively about commercial real estate
2014, Consumer Economics & Housing
- Current Occupation/Location
Development Coordinator at Seefried Industrial Properties in Atlanta
- What has been your proudest accomplishment since graduating?
Seeing buildings completed that I’ve worked on from initial site selection through final construction. These projects can take months or even years, so it’s always incredibly exciting to see the finished product.
- What was your favorite class in FACS?
- Did you have a favorite – or most memorable – faculty member?
Dr. Skobba and Dr. Carswell – they were so passionate about their work and had such fun and engaging teaching styles.
- How do you think FACS prepared you for your career success?
FACS taught me to think creatively about Commercial Real Estate from the viewpoint of the consumer, not just from a business perspective.
- What inspires or motivates you?
Knowing that I’m part of a team and have others counting on me.
- What advice would you give a current FACS student looking to pursue a career in your field?
There are a lot of folks in Commercial Real Estate who come from a traditional Real Estate or Business background, but so much of what you learn in this field comes from what you pick up on the job. If CRE is something that interests you, get your foot in the door and absorb as much as you can.