Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
Now a Certified Financial Planner, Santini found professional success through networking as a student
Bachelor of Science in Financial Planning (2019)
- Current Occupation/Location
Planning Associate at SignatureFD
- What has been your proudest accomplishment since graduating?
Passing the CFP® exam in November 2019 and building fruitful relationships with clients.
- What was your favorite class in FACS?
Tax Planning with Dr. Palmer
- Did you have a favorite – or most memorable – faculty member?
I loved all my professors, but Effie Antonoudi sticks out in my mind. Effie and I went to Greece together in 2017 for the 2-week study abroad program and we made so many great memories together on the trip. After the program, we stayed connected and she became one of my biggest champions.
- How do you think FACS prepared you for your career success?
As a student, I was lucky enough to attend various conferences across the U.S. Conferences allowed me to network with professionals and apply concepts from the classroom. Eventually, the connections I made turned into internship opportunities and full-time positions post-graduation.
- What inspires or motivates you?
My family and my client’s success
- What advice would you give a current FACS student looking to pursue a career in your field?
Find a mentor and lean into that relationship. The individuals in this profession are so willing to help, all you have to do is ask!