Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics
Financial Planning student continues family legacy of attending UGA
- What school did you transfer from?
University of North Georgia
- Why did you decide to transfer to UGA?
UGA was always my dream school. My family is a UGA family and when I first went to college I knew I was going to transfer to UGA.
- What is your major?
- What activities or student organizations do you participate in?
Student Financial Planning Association (SFPA) and Reformed University Fellowship (RUF)
- What do you like about FACS?
FACS is great because the class sizes are smaller so you can really get to know your faculty in your major, its easily my favorite thing about being a FACS major.
- Is there a faculty or staff person who has been particularly helpful during your transfer journey?
Dr. Michael Thomas in the Financial Planning Program. Dr. Thomas helped me decide to change my major after taking his Personal Finance class as an elective. I might not be in FACS had it not been for Dr. Thomas!
- What has your favorite UGA and/or FACS experience been?
UGA has been very good to me, I met my fiancé here and experiencing the National Championship win were huge life events for me that happened because of UGA.