Our Career Consultant can provide you with the tools, skills and insights to help you succeed in your career as early as your first year through graduation and beyond.
Meet Your Consultant
FACS Career Consultant
The best way to ensure you are ready for life beyond the Arch is to meet with me early and often!
My job is to help you:
- explore your major and career interests
- develop a strong resume and cover letter
- utilize networking to find and hands-on experience through part-time jobs/internships/volunteer and campus involvement/undergraduate research
- connect with events that will further your career development
- discuss graduate school options and applications
Meet with Career Consultant
- Individual Appointments: schedule through your Handshake account or by calling or by calling the Career Center front desk at 706-542-3375.
- Drop-In Hours: 10-15 minute appointments for quick questions held Monday - Friday, 11am-2pm in the Career Center Multipurpose room on the 2nd floor of Clark Howell Hall (when classes are in session)
- Dawson Hall Drop-In Hours: Thursdays, 10:30am-12:30pm in Dawson Hall main lobby
UGA Career Center
The UGA Career Center is a valuable resource available to you throughout your time here as a student, as you prepare for graduation and even as an alum. Additionally, we have a Career Consultant who specializes in FACS majors and related careers.
Career Center Resources
- Handshake: Utilize Handshake to find internship, part-time job, or volunteer opportunities related to your career fields of interest.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Participate in the Career Center's Intern for a Day program to explore career fields of interest.
- What Can I Do With a Major In...?: Consumer Economics; Consumer Journalism; Culinary Science & Nutrition; Dietetics; FACS Education; Fashion Merchandising; Financial Planning; Furnishings & Interiors; Housing Management & Policy; Human Development & Family Science; Nutritional Sciences
- Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate: The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is a series of programs offered by the UGA Career Center to provide students with career development and job search training.
- View the Arch Ready Event Calendar
- Students who complete the program will receive:
- The opportunity to add the certificate to their resume
- Lapel pin to wear for interviewing, career fairs, and graduation
- Formal printed certificate