Develop your personal, career, and leadership skills during the spring semester in the Legislative Aide Leadership Fellows Program.
- Develop significant leadership skills within a unique, consequential environment
- $4,000 in financial support
- Understand how legislation and policy apply to your future career
- Mentorship from former Legislative Aides
- Stand out in your resume and interviews with a unique, powerful fellowship experience
- Create valuable connections with influential leaders and lawmakers
- Help plan a statewide event at the capitol
- Showcase your learning at a college-wide symposium and on social media
- Consumer Economics
- Consumer Journalism
- Culinary Science and Nutrition
- FACS Education
- Fashion Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Furnishings and Interiors
- Human Development and Family Science
- Housing Management and Policy
- Nutritional Sciences
Graduate students should email Dr. Cara Simmons, program director, to discuss the benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review local legislator bios here.
Thursday, January 21 | 4:00pm - 4:30pm
Tuesday, January 26 | 5:00pm - 5:30pm
Register for a session here.
We are currently accepting applications for several cylces. Conact your academic advisor or major professor to help you plan for this unique fellowship opportunity. We are first and second year undergraduate student friendly if you're interested in applying.
For Spring 2021 applicants: 4:00pm, October 9, 2020
For Spring 2022 applicants: 4:00pm, April 2, 2021
For Spring 2023 applicants: 4:00pm, April 1, 2022
This unparalleled opportunity has allowed me to experience the legislative process firsthand
To say that I am extremely grateful to be a Senate Aide at the Georgia State Capitol would be an understatement. This unparalleled opportunity has allowed me to experience the legislative process firsthand and witness lawmaking in action.
I encourage all students to apply to the FACS Legislative Aide Program; it was indeed life-changing.
The most rewarding aspect of the program was the true application of previous coursework related to real-life situations. I encourage all students to apply to the FACS Legislative Aide Program; it was indeed life-changing.
The new knowledge obtained, friendships made, and transferable job experience is something I’ll forever be grateful for!
Throughout my college career, there has been no better experience than being a Senate Aide at the State Capitol. The new knowledge obtained, friendships made, and transferable job experience is something I’ll forever be grateful for!