We are excited to welcome you to the University of Georgia and the College of Family and Consumer Sciences! The information below will help you to prepare for a successful academic advising appointment during orientation.
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
To prepare for your session:
- Make sure your UGA MyID and password are all set, including secret questions. You won't be able to register without it! You can find more information here.
- Set up access to ArchPass/DUO, which is required to access some UGA systems
- Check your UGA email account regularly for important information and announcements
- Visit the University Testing Services website to determine if you need placement testing
- Refer to the correspondence you received from UGA Admissions regarding parking, arrival time, etc.
- Follow FACS on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Preparing for Your Academic Advising Appointment
To prepare for your appointment:
- Complete your orientation intake survey
- Browse the topics of First-Year Odyssey seminars and make note of any that interest you (required for First Year students only)
- Review your major-specific program worksheet prior to your appointment
- Make a list of courses you are considering for your first semester schedule
- Familiarize yourself with the Bulletin, DegreeWorks, and Athena
- Make a list of any questions you have for your academic advisor
Preparing for Course Registration
Avoid having any holds on your account by taking care of these common issues ahead of time:
- Health & Immunization Forms – Every newly admitted student must complete and submit the required forms before registering for classes. For more information Contact the University Health Center if you have any questions.
- Emergency Contact - You must have at least one person listed as an emergency contact. Submit this information in Athena.
- Student Accounts Acknowledgement - You must agree to the Student Accounts policies. Log into Athena and follow the steps listed here.
- Verification of Lawful Presence - Prior to enrollment, students must have their presence verified. Please review the information here for information on how to clear this hold.
- University Health Center
- UGA Dining Services
- Transportation & Parking Services
- Office of Transfer Services
- University Housing