Study Away (international and domestic) scholarships help cover the cost of your trip. Apply using the button below. We will let you know by the end of March if you’ve been awarded a scholarship.
Step 1: Meet Requirements
- You must be an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student majoring in a FACS degree program and a participant of a FACS approved Study Away program, which includes both international and domestic destinations.
- Any scholarship criteria that mentions enrollment in a specific major as a condition for eligibility requires that you be admitted to the major.
- To be awarded, you must meet any additional criteria that are specific to the scholarship eligibility requirements as stipulated in the fund agreement.
- You will need to ask one faculty member for a reference. Follow the directions for submitting your online application, which includes selecting a faculty reference. Get approval from a faculty member before selecting them as a reference on a scholarship application. Applications with reference are due by 5:00pm on January 3.
Step 2: Apply
Applications open on October 24 and close on January 3.
To avoid being timed out on the application, please review the scholarship questions before submitting your application.
Please use the link below to apply. The link will activate on October 24 and deactivate on January 3.
Link will be updated next cycle.
- All scholarships are subject to the availability of funds.
- Money is not available until 10 days prior to the first day of class for the semester awarded and will be used to pay tuition first. Contact the Bursar's Office for details.
- This application will be considered for all of the Study Away scholarships.
- You will receive notification of scholarship decisions by email in April.
- These scholarships are competitive and not every student who applies will receive an award.
- Some scholarships require that you have a financial need and the Office of Student Financial Aid determines need based on your FAFSA application.
- Contact the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid if you have questions regarding the FAFSA.
- Click here for information regarding international student eligibility for financial need-based scholarships.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure that their application is complete, which includes following up with your reference to make sure that your reference form has been completed and submitted.
- The reference form should be requested from a faculty member.
- Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the Donor/Scholar reception in October.