In the major of Fashion Merchandising, students interested in declaring the Area of Emphasis in Product Development and Design (PDD) must complete an application, provide examples of work, and submit for review and acceptance to the area of emphasis.
- Be in good standing at UGA
All applicants to the PDD emphasis must be in good academic standing and eligible for enrollment at the University of Georgia.
- Completed or currently enrolled in required courses TXMI 2010 (or equivalent) and TXMI 3210 (or equivalent) with a B- or higher
- Statement of purpose
A Statement of Purpose is a brief essay (250-300 words) which should address:
- Interest in the Product Development and Design emphasis
- Describe past experiences that have prepared you for the PDD emphasis
- State career goals with the PDD emphasis and fashion merchandising degree
- Statement should be concise and provide appropriate clarity on interest, experience, and future goals
- Examples of work following the criteria outlined below:
- Please submit digital images or attachments of 5 of your best pieces of work.
- Suggested works to submit:
- Mood/Inspiration Board with Color Palette
- Trend Board
- Croquis/Fashion Illustrations
- Photos of styling looks
- Photos of retail visual merchandising displays
- Photos of garments created
- Scans/Photos from TXMI 2010 Design Journal
Material Submission Process
Complete and compile all materials according to the form provided at the appropriate link.
- Application items completed
- Statement of Purpose completed
- Examples of Work – digital images attached as a single PDF